Optical Design Engineer
- Post Date:08/12/2021
- Views 410
- Salary N/DExperience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Opto (Mechanical) design from initial concept to pre-production release. ● Perform design and tolerance analysis. ● Close collaboration with various teams in electrical, photonic IC and product groups. ● Optical design and deployment. ● Strong understanding of various optical properties. ● Validation of prototype solution in R&D lab environment.Requirements R&D, Constructing devices, Zemax, Hands-on expertise, Solid Works, Optics, LensAdditional Qualifications Sensors, Photonic integration (PLC), PCB and Hybrid design, Designing optoelectronic systems, Constructing optoelectronic devices, Surface engineering, Troubleshooting, Failure detection, Measurement techniques
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodLanguages English
- Start of work 08.12.2021Possible locations Eindhoven, NetherlandsEmployee benefits Stock Appreciation Rights
- Business trips No traveling involved.Remote work We prefer someone in the Eindhoven office. We can provide permits.Recruitment process ● Interview recruitment ● Interview hiring manager ● Interview team Offer
EFFECT photonics is searching for a full-time Optical Design Engineer with experience in the design and integration of optical solutions (Zemax) for our high-speed optical transceivers product portfolio. We are looking for an experienced design engineer to develop solution from initial concept to prototype release. You will be focused on the future product development and the accompanying manufacturing methods. Your role is within the R&D department where you cooperate closely with mechanical engineers, electronic engineers, optical chip designers and PCB and layout engineers.
- Opto (Mechanical) design from initial concept to pre-production release of highly integrated optical interconnect solution of our state-of-the-art optical transceivers.
- Perform design and tolerance analysis, collaborate on the development and implementation of the correct manufacturing methods.
- Close collaboration with various teams in electrical, photonic IC and product groups to design optimized solutions that meet applicable industry and MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) standards and relevant customer specifications.
- Optical design and deployment of various optical and visual inspection solutions. (visible light, NIR, SWIR, camera, lens).
- Strong understanding of various optical properties; coherent, collimated, divergent, polarization types, and they correct way to model these properties.
- Validation of prototype solution in R&D lab environment.
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting scale-up environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic, international, and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- A pension scheme;
- 28 paid vacation days and 8 bank holidays (Christmas, Easter etc);
- Free drinks and snacks in the office;
- And more…
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com and refer WaveJobs. No agencies!