🇺🇦 Postdoctoral Researcher
- Post Date:28/03/2022
- Views 547
- Salary €38,630 - €45,942Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks • Development of integrated photonic devices • Design, fabrication and characterisation of devices • Analysis and reporting • Preparation of project deliverables and the delivery of prototypes. • Disseminate the outcomes • Technical support and supervision • Identify intellectual property in partnership with the Office of Technology Transfer. • Strategic planningRequirements Silicon photonics, III-V SemiconductorsAdditional Qualifications Silicon photonics, III-V Semiconductors
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Specified periodLanguages English
- Start of work 28.05.2022Possible locations Cork, IrelandRecruitment process Step 1 - Click here to download and complete the application form and indicate Job Reference BC-68. Step 2 - Return the completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
BC-68 Postdoctoral Researcher – Transfer Printing
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term – 2 years
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is coordinating a Disruptive Technology Innovation Fund (DTIF) project developing and applying the technique of Transfer Printing for the heterogeneous integration of photonic, magnetic, RF and electronic components. The project is in conjunction with leading partners in the semiconductor and photonics industries.
Applications are now invited for a researcher to join the project team in developing advanced photonic devices targeting large scale photonic-electronic integration. The successful candidate will join the Photonics Centre at Tyndall to work within the Irish Photonic Integration Centre (IPIC). The researcher will be involved in simulation, design, development, fabrication, integration, characterisation and application of the devices. The project involves strong collaboration with our industry partners to develop scalable integration processes for a wide range of applications including optical communications and sensing.
- Development of integrated photonic devices using transfer printing
- Design, fabrication and characterisation of devices
- Analysis and reporting of the results
- Preparation of project deliverables and the delivery of prototypes.
- Disseminate the outcomes of the research to the group, including peer‐reviewed academic publications and presentations at Tyndall and at conferences of international standing.
- Technical support and supervision of other group members, including PhD
- Identify intellectual property in partnership with the Office of Technology Transfer.
- Contribute to the strategic planning
- Support education and public engagement activities
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- The successful candidate must have a PhD in physical sciences, electrical engineering, or a related field or have demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Previous research in III-V materials or photonic devices as evidenced by publications.
- Strong communications, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Experience working in research projects including multiple academic and industry partners.
Appointment may be made on the IUA Scale for Postdoc Researcher €38,630 – €45,942 pa. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Brian Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 – Click here to download and complete the application form and indicate Job Reference BC-68.
Step 2 – Return the completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer
A full list of vacancies can be found here: Tyndall National Institute – Current Vacancies