- Post Date:26/01/2022
- Views 428
- Salary 1800 net monthlyExperience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Design the laser taking into account technological limits of the components and manufacturing issues. ● Simulate the behavior of an external cavity tunable laser, both with quantum well active mediums. ● Provide the engineering steps needed to realize custom optical components used in the laser cavity. ● Design suitable experiments to validate simulation results, working in strict collaboration with the experimental team.Requirements Theoretical analysis, Semiconductors, Lasers and amplifiersType of contract Contract of employment
- Contract duration Indefinite periodLanguages English C1-C2Start of work 15.02.2022
- Possible locations Milan, ItalyEmployee benefits Coffee machine, Early stage joinBusiness trips 2 per year depending on pandemic status
- Remote work Remote work is allowed under agreement with the CEO in the limits subjected to Italian lawRecruitment process First general interview, selection of suitable candidates, second interview related to contract details
CareGlance is a newly established startup, founded on March 4, 2019, whose target is to develop a highly innovative tunable laser for medical applications, in particular, for Optical Coherent Tomography. The company is located in Milan, Via Giovanni Durando 39 (Italy). For more information visit the website https://careglance-srl.webnode.it/
The company needs a designer (physician/engineer) having experience in modelling and designing complex physical systems.
- experience in managing differential equation based models;
- software based simulation and design
Experience in optics and lasers, as well as experimental experience, are a plus.
The candidate should have at least five years’ experience either in industry or research.
The successful candidate will work to design an external cavity tunable source to be used in an optical coherent tomography system, under the direct supervision of the company CEO.
The candidate tasks will be:
- To design the laser taking into account technological limits of the components and manufacturing issues.
- To simulate the behavior of an external cavity tunable laser, both with quantum well active mediums.
- To provide the engineering steps needed to realize custom optical components used in the laser cavity.
- To design suitable experiments to validate simulation results, working in strict collaboration with the experimental team.
The ideal candidate has a PhD or an Italian second level master degree in engineering or physics.
The candidate key skills are:
- An advanced knowledge of physical modelling and simulation environments (i.e. Matlab, Phyton, …).
- Experience in processing and interpretation of experimental data.
- Ability of both managing independently assigned tasks and working in team within a flexible environment.
The successful candidate must be strongly result oriented, with the capability of managing time and resources to reach project goals in pace with the company timeline. The capability of operating in a flexible, fast growing and strongly interdisciplinary environment is required besides a transparent and cooperative working style and a curious and open-minded attitude.
The candidate should have also a strong leadership attitude and experience in leading working groups is a strong plus.
The company offers a permanent internal position.