Optical R&D Engineer
- Post Date:19/01/2022
- Views 397
- Salary 4000-5000Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs), Senior (5 - 10 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Design optical and photonic system using PlanOpsims software with a focus on metalenses ● Communicating simulation result to customers and colleagues ● Developing optical simulation features into ready-to-implement recipes ● Writing technical and scientific articles and documentation ● Provide scientific and technical assistance to software users ● Occasional travel to project meetings and technical conferences (maximum 5%)Requirements R&D, Metamaterials, Zemax, MSc, OpticsAdditional Qualifications Business development, Programming
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodLanguages Enlish: fluent Dutch: considered a plus
- Start of work 19.01.2022Possible locations Ghent, BelgiumEmployee benefits Early stage join, Reimbursement of transportation, Ecocheques
- Business trips 2 or 3 conference trips or project meetings per yearRemote work Remote work is allowed up to 60%.Recruitment process The recruitment process consists of 2 interviews. 1) Initial interview with the founder 2) Second interview with Founde rand technical team 3) Contract offer
As Optical Engineer, you will reinforce the PlanOpSims optics & photonics applications team.
You will be responsible for execution of optics/photonics R&D projects using numerical simulation software like the PlanOpSim application or other commercial software such as ZEMAX ray-tracing.
Occasionally you will design and construct optical measurement setups to support your designs.
You will support the software development team by developing and documenting new simulation methods and improvements to existing methods. You will act as voice-of-the-user toward software development and translate user-level requirements to feature descriptions.
You will write technical and scientific articles. You will support PlanOpsims software users with scientific and technical advice.
Typical tasks will include:
- Design optical and photonic system using PlanOpsims software with a focus on metalenses
- Communicating simulation result to customers and colleagues
- Developing optical simulation features into ready-to-implement recipes
- Writing technical and scientific articles and documentation
- Provide scientific and technical assistance to software users
- Occasional travel to project meetings and technical conferences (maximum 5%)