Application Engineer in Integrated Photonics
- Post Date:21/10/2021
- Apply Before: 20/12/2021
- Views 196
- Salary N/DExperience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Project planning ● Project management ● Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions ● Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle ● Provide customer support ● Assist in applications development ● Establish and maintain product documentation ● Work with CRM toolExpected requirements Design of photonic integrated circuits (PIC), R&D PM, Designing technological processes, Hardware development, Product development, Leadership, PhD, Hands-on expertise, Project ManagementRequirements welcome Designing technological processes, Interpersonal skills, Semiconductor manufacturing, Quality control, Failure detection, Experimental characterization
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodLanguages Working proficiencies in English
- Start of work 21.10.2021Possible locations Ecublens, EPFL Innovation Park, SwitzerlandEmployee benefits Coffee machine, Fruit days of the week
- Business tripsRemote work remote work possibleRecruitment process CV screening, interview 1, interview 2
LIGENTEC designs and manufactures Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) for customers in high-tech areas such as Quantum Technologies, LiDAR, Space Technologies and Biosensors. Our All-Nitride Technology enables our customers to achieve unmatched performance to disrupt their markets.
We are growing and are looking for an: Application Engineer in Integrated Photonics
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Execute key aspects of the customer projects, including project planning, project management, layouts, designs, and simulations.
● Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions.
● Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle, provide customer support for
pre-sales and after-sales questions, explaining technology details, giving in depth technical
● Assist in applications development, establish and maintain product documentation
● Collaboration with internal R&D and with external industry and research partners
● Work with CRM tool to keep track of customer interactions
Are you customer and solution-oriented with the following profile?
● Ability to translate customer wishes to clear specifications
● PhD in integrated optics or 3+ years’ experience in integrated optics (design and modelling
experience is a strong plus)
● Hands-on experience with optics, optical systems or PIC applications
● Excellent technical problem-solving skills
● Open minded, communicative, critical, and innovative
● Flexible in working on different tasks and with different teams
● Working proficiencies in English
● Work/residence permit for Switzerland or Swiss/EU citizenship
Our company is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, close to the shore of Lake Geneva. We are a highly international, young and dynamic team, speak English at work and love to bring photonics integrated circuits to every day’s life. Being next door to the top rated Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, we have regular collaborations and exchange on a very high technical and scientific level or just enjoy the lifestyle of the vibrant city of Lausanne.