Field Application Engineer (Optical Transceiver)
- Post Date:08/12/2021
- Views 309
- Salary N/DExperience Senior (5 - 10 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Understand & drive customer requirements ● Analyse and evaluate the customer applications ● Provide Promotion Materials ● Provide RFx responses as first-level support ● Ensure the latest understanding of Product ● Provide technical market feedback to PLM ● Marketing support on Applications ● Technical readouts to PLM and SMT ● Support regional Sales managers ● Provide on-site root cause analysis ● Creating test scenarios ● Work closely with customersRequirements Business development, Device tests, Interpersonal skills, Troubleshooting, MSc, OpticsAdditional Qualifications System simulations, Development strategy, Sales, Designing technological processes, Hardware development, Commercial awareness, Hands-on expertise
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodLanguages English
- Start of work 08.12.2021Possible locations Boston areaEmployee benefits Stock Appreciation Rights , Personal development
- Business trips Business trips are required.Remote work No remote work.Recruitment process Interview
EFFECT Photonics is looking an experienced Field Application Engineer for the US market. As FAE. You will provide technical pre-sales support, be the key technical interface to the customer who understands the customer applications, provide solution consulting and assist in on site root cause analysis and scenario creation. Your role will also include pre-sales activities, formulating product specification as per the customer’s needs. Furthermore, you will develop a clear customer engagement plan and effectively communicate customer requirements within PLM and Engineering departments.
You will start working remote and once we have an office in the Boston area, we would like you to come and collaborate with the team.
- Understand & drive customer requirements into the Front End process for discussion with Product Line Management (PLM)
- Analyse and evaluate the customer applications for EFFECT Photonics product portfolio and define the value add
- Provide Application material, whitepapers, brochures, training on customer applications for global re-use
- Provide RFx responses as first-level support
- Ensure the latest understanding of Product functions, roadmap, and status in close alignment with PLM
- Provide technical market feedback to PLM
- Marketing support on Applications and facilitating customer demonstrations
- Technical readouts to PLM and SMT on customer requirements
- Support regional Sales managers in their Win strategy on all technical aspects
- Provide on-site root cause analysis and solutions where possible
- Creating test scenarios supporting customer requirements in the Application Lab environment
- Work closely with customers to expedite product family design-ins
Furthermore, you have broad knowledge and experience in:
- DWDM systems
- Tunable laser
- SFP, SFP+, QSFP modules
- Direct Detect and coherent technology
- Optical transceivers HW & SW
- ITU standards for transceivers
- Handling MTS
What do we have to offer?
- A very enthusiastic, international, and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- Working on state of the art technology;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR – stock program).
For more information regarding this position please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer WaveJobs.