Fiber-optical and Photonics Engineer
- Post Date:25/01/2022
- Views 472
- Salary N/DExperience Junior (0 - 3 yrs), Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Research and design fiber-optic sensors based on backscattered signal (Rayleigh, Raman, Brillouin, FBG, etc.) for applications to water monitoring solutions. ● Lab and field evaluation of prototypes. ● Providing creative solutions to our water sector sensing challenges.Requirements Fiber optic systems and networks, Design of optical fibersType of contract Contract of employment
- Contract duration Specified periodLanguages English B2Start of work 25.02.2022
- Possible locations Valencia city, SpainBusiness trips N/DRemote work Hybrid
- Recruitment process Online recruitment
Are you interested in joining a project that is committed to social, economic and environmental progress? Would you like to develop and improve the resources for water sustainability in our cities? If so, FIBSEN is your place. We are an innovative tech startup with a triple bottom line: People, Profit, Planet. We seek to preserve water resources and transform cities to achieve zero water impact. Within the Valencia City Council Accelerator Collab, we are researching and developing smart fiber-optic sensing systems, capable of real-time monitoring and predictive analytics of water quality and structural health of infrastructures.
Based in Valencia (Spain), we are developing several R&D projects, working together with Polytechnic University of Valencia and top water infrastructure companies. In this direction, we have already earned prestigious awards at European and National levels, that highlight our innovative solutions.
At FIBSEN, we want to reinforce our team with a photonic engineer or fiber-optic systems specialist. We want you to cooperate with us developing innovating technologies for fiber-optic sensing with applications to the water sector. We would like you to contribute knowledge on optical signal processing and fiber-optic systems and methodologies. Modeling and simulation experience in Python, Matlab, Octave or similar would be desirable, as well as a reasonable English level.
We offer a dynamic, friendly and inspiring work space, with a young and innovative team. Participating in creative challenges, both in the lab and in the field. And work much of the time remotely. Additionally, if your schedule demands it, you will be able to carry out a large amount of your work remotely.
Come and meet us!