- Post Date:20/01/2022
- Views 421
- Salary Up to 11000 PLN gross/month (depending on experience and qualifications)Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs), Senior (5 - 10 yrs), Expert (10+ yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● Designing and procuring components ● Assembling, aligning, testing and operating a Full-field Fourier-domain OCT system ● Designing and testing intraocular OCT-compatible surgical tools ● Aiding construction and testing of a novel surgical ophthalmic microscope-integrated OCT system in a platform ● Assisting in acquiring experimental results ● Develop data processing methods ● Presenting research activities and results ● Assisting in the supervision of students ● Performing other duties as directedRequirements Measurements and characterization, Physics, Biophotonics, Detectors, R&D, Constructing devices, Data analysis, Data acquisition, Zemax, MSc, Solid Works, Analytical Thinking, Optics, Project ManagementAdditional Qualifications Interferometry, Theoretical analysis, System simulations, Microscopy, Programming, PhD
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Specified periodLanguages
- Start of work 01.03.2022Possible locations Warsaw, PolandEmployee benefits Coffee machine, Kitchen
- Business tripsRemote workRecruitment process Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria and qualifications will be invited for an interview (which will most likely take place in an online format in the second half of February 2022). Competition results shall be announced by end of February 2022. The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS) is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
The International Centre for Translational Eye Research (ICTER) is a multi-investigator centre for eye research related to imaging and biochemical techniques to support advances in understanding the aetiology and treatment and human blinding diseases. Further information on the research priorities and current expertise of our Centre can be found at http://www.icter.pl.
Within ICTER, the IDoc Laboratory, led by Dr Curatolo, seeks to build an advanced imaging device for recording and processing Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) optoretinography signals for the retina of small living animals when exposed to a light stimulus. The system will be the first in the world to permit objective analysis of visual function, useful for discoveries in vision science and sight-restoring therapy effectiveness evaluation. On the other hand, The IDoc labs seeks to develop a novel platform for intraoperative ophthalmic OCT image guidance of robotic-aided treatments to fulfil unmet surgical needs in minimally invasive surgery on the eye (anterior and posterior pole). Novel IR shadowless optical sheathing for smart surgical instruments will be developed. For more information on the projects, please mail Dr Curatolo at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IDoc Laboratory seeks a Photonics Engineer with experience in optical system design, construction, and testing, preferably in advanced optical coherence tomography (OCT) systems and applications in ophthalmology. In addition, practical skills in software prototyping and data/image processing and analysis algorithm development using LabView, MATLAB, Python are desirable.
The Photonics Engineer will have a direct impact on lab development and its success by designing and building and operating a Full-field Fourier-domain OCT platform for live mouse retinal imaging. The successful candidate will also be responsible for designing and testing OCT-compatible eye surgical tools, and aiding the construction and operation of a novel surgical ophthalmic microscope-integrated OCT system.
Detailed tasks description:
1. Working as a photonics engineer at the International Centre for Translational Eye Research, under the supervision of Dr Curatolo
2. Contributing to research and development projects, including:
a. Designing, procuring components, assembling, aligning, testing and operating a Full-field Fourier-domain OCT system for live small animal retinal imaging as part of the first platform for in vivo mouse retinal functional imaging (optoretinography);
b. designing and testing intraocular OCT-compatible surgical tools, with a focus on shadowless IR optical sheathing;
c. aiding construction and testing of a novel surgical ophthalmic microscope-integrated OCT system in a platform for intraoperative ophthalmic image guidance of robotic-aided treatments
3. Collaborating closely with other team members, and liaising with the software developer/digital signal processing engineer
4. Assisting in acquiring experimental results in a laboratory or preclinical/clinical setting
5. Develop methods to process and analyse the collected data
6. Presenting research activities and results in reports, presentations, research publications, and to other team, laboratory, centre or institute members, visitors, peers and potential sponsors
7. Managing day-to-day activities, such as ordering and commissioning equipment
8. Assisting in the supervision of master’s and undergraduate students
9. Participating in other research projects undertaken within the lab as appropriate and as agreed
10. Performing other duties as directed
detailed job description at icter.pl