Application Engineer CAD Hardware
- Post Date:23/05/2022
- Views 152
- Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time, Part time 3/4Requirements Constructing devices, Solid Works, Engineering Design
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodLanguages Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Start of work 23.02.2022Possible locations AlkmaarRemote work You preferably work from our Alkmaar headquarters, but we also have a hybrid working policy allowing you to work up to two days from home when the work permits.
You provide the solution to the customers sensing need
At PhotonFirst, the Application Engineers bridge the gap between the available
technology and the customers’ need for a solution. You are a key player in the entire
application development trajectory: from understanding the requirements of the
customer, to translate these into the technical requirements of the system, the
technical design of the system, testing the system, making sure that the customer is
satisfied with the delivered solution, and to follow-up in support. You build and
deliver customer-specific applications based on our pre-designed modules of
hardware and electronics.
Your tasks & responsibilities are broad
• You are responsible for the hands-on mechanical integration of the solution. You
are able to train the customer to do the same. You provide pragmatic solutions
for complex problems.
• You bring the idea into realization. You translate the user application needs to
comprehensive system requirements, and provide the solution from design to
• During the application development phase, you work closely together with the
development team to come to a complete solution for our customers.
• You are responsible for setting up technical specifications and creating CAD models
and drawings with well-defined tolerances and clear views for the needed
• You set up and execute the test plan to validate the designed system
• You translate theoretical knowledge into a practical solution and clearly report
both internally and externally the results/conclusion.
• You provide timely support to the customer when needed, including on-site
Direct reporting line
The Application Engineer reports to the Team Lead Application Development,
Projects & Support.
Relevant requirements regarding knowledge and experience
• University of Applied Science (HBO) or University (WO) degree in Mechanical
engineering or similar.
• You are an assertive team player and take ownership of the assigned projects.
• You have 3 or more years of experience as a mechanical or development
• You have experience in modelling using SolidWorks. You have experience in
creating technical drawings for manufacturing purposes.
• You have an affinity for handling miniature assemblies and have an eye for
perfection on a sub-millimetre level; you have experience with manual precision
• You have knowledge of the application of fibre-optics or are able to learn quickly.
• You have a realization mindset: you are analytically skilled and have the ability
to translate complex requirements into a system design, with a sharp focus on
• Able to work in a structured manner in the lab, handle components carefully and
have an eagerness for quality.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English; ability to write reports and
documents such as user requirements, system design descriptions, risk analysis,
and validation test plans and clearly present them to the team and/or customer.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
• Affinity with photonics, physics and measurement systems in general.
• Affinity with rapid prototyping and the versatility of assembly methods.
• Affinity with electronics and working in an EPA
This is a job in a fast-growing company. We prefer a full-time commitment but we are
open to 32-36hrs as well. You preferably work from our Alkmaar headquarters, but
we also have a hybrid working policy allowing you to work up to two days from
home when the work permits.
PhotonFirst is a young and maturing professional organisation. We have developed
a solid pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to
achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from
different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following
personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
• Passionate team player taking ownership
• Open, straight, result-driven and can-do mentality
• Pioneering, creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial
• Perseverant, professional, and well structured
• Friendly & ‘fun to work with’
Contact us to learn more
Should you have any questions about the role, the team or PhotonFirst, please don’t
hesitate to contact Michael Haverdings (Team Lead Application Development,
Projects & Support) or our HR and Recruitment advisor, Christel Rep
(email@example.com) via +31 85 0076700.