Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Development Engineer* Design & Technology of Laser Diodes
- Post Date:10/01/2022
- Views 379
- Salary 5000Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-time
- Tasks ● design of laser diodes and amplifier chips ● simulation and design of III-V epitaxial structures, especially GaAs-based ones ● geometry optimization, thermal and electro-optical simulation of GaAs-based devices ● simulation and design of PICs ● close cooperation with institutes and foundries ● driving developments of laser diodes and amplifier chips ● design optimisation based on simulation and experimental measurements ● collaboration in (partly publicly funded) research projectsRequirements Physics, Lasers and amplifiers, III-V Semiconductors, Semiconductor physicsType of contract Contract of employment
- Contract duration Indefinite periodLanguages Please enter the language and the required level.Start of work 01.02.2022
- Possible locations Munich, Germany or Berlin, GermanyEmployee benefits Coffee machine, Fruit days of the week, Kitchen, Personal developmentBusiness trips occasional business trips between both locations and to foundries
- Remote work remote work is allowed for 2-3 days a weekRecruitment process First step: video interview Second step: personal interview
Become part of our growing design and technology team for optoelectronic components such as laser diodes and amplifier chips at our locations in Munich (Gräfelfing), Germany or Berlin, Germany.
TOPTICA Photonics AG and its subsidiary eagleyard Photonics GmbH are characterized by strong growth. As a key component, laser diodes greatly contribute to the success and are a major driver of promising photonics applications, such as quantum technologies.
The job in the area of research & development covers a broad spectrum from simulation and design of the chips to supervising the fabrication at institutes or foundries. Moreover, the characterization of the devices and subsequent derivation of the gained knowledge for further improvement of the simulation are part of this opportunity.