Atomic (AMO) Physicist
- Post Date:27/11/2020
- Views 154
- Salary Undisclosed salaryExperience Senior (5 - 10 yrs)Tasks 1. Take responsibility for bringing experimental projects to a successful completion. 2. Develop products with customers 3. Industrialise novel optoelectronics systems (fibre lasers, spectroscopy, quantum memory) 4. Improve the performance of prototype systems 5. Work with the team across all the departments in a lean startup (prepare budgets, write patents and grant proposals, investor pitches, risk registers, business cases etc.) 6. Report on a progress against set milestones and deliverables.
- Languages English - Full Professional working proficiencyExpected requirements Quantum physics, Fiber optic systems and networks, SpectroscopyRequirements welcome Business development, Marketing
- Type of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite periodWorking time Full-time
- Start of work 01.12.2020Possible locations London, UKEmployee benefits Insurance, Personal development
- Business trips Yes, up to 10% of the timeRemote work YesRecruitment process To apply, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV/resume (including publication record) to: email@example.com We will get back to selected candidates with further interview steps.
We are seeking an excellent atomic physicist to work within our technical team, to take the lead on aspects of our experimental development. The ideal candidate should have a PhD in AMO physics or other related field, come with good references and be able to show examples of high skill or talent in this field. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior experience in setting up cold atom, BEC or spectroscopy experiments or in candidates who have built frequency-doubled fiber laser systems from off the shelf components.
Related Jobs (6)
Optical Engineer on 01/12/2020