PhD Position in Experimental Physics
- Post Date:22/11/2020
- Views 249
- Salary Its present starting value is 27900 SEK/months, which annually increases.Experience TraineeTasks In the actual research, the femtosecond to attosecond dynamics of specific polaritonic systems will be investigated and the necessary experimental setup will be constructed utilizing the lab’s unique infrastructure including two sub-5 fs laser systems and attosecond XUV pulses.
- Languages English C1Expected requirements PhysicsType of contract Contract of employment
- Contract duration Specified periodWorking time Full-timeStart of work 01.01.2021
- Possible locations Umeå, SwedenEmployee benefits Coffee machine, Fruit days of the week, Kitchen, Passes (movie theater)Business trips Few trips to conferences and cooperation partners are planned
- Remote work NoRecruitment process The application should include: 1. A cover letter with a brief description of qualifications, research interests, and motivation. 2. Curriculum vitae (CV). 3. Verified copies of relevant degree certificate(s) translated into English or Swedish. 4. A list of university courses with grades. Note that for international applicants the grading system should be explained in brief. 5. A copy of master thesis and publications (if any). 6. Contact information of three reference persons. Applications must be submitted via e-recruitment system Varbi: https://www.umu.se/en/work-with-us/open-positions/phd-position-in-experimental-physics_361941/
Field of PhD : Time-resolving dynamics in strongly coupled systems
The selected candidate will work within the research project ”Plasmon-exciton coupling at the attosecond-sub-nanometer scale,” in the Relativistic Attosecond Physics Laboratory (https://www.realumu.org/).
To be admitted for studies at third-cycle level you are required to have completed a second-cycle level degree in physics, engineering physics, or engineering, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level. The recruitment procedure will follow the Higher Education Ordinance in Sweden (Högskoleförordningen).
Period of 4 years. Extendable up to 5 years, if part-time teaching is offered.
The position will open in January 2021 (exact start date can be negotiated).