Photonic Test Engineer
- Post Date:07/03/2022
- Views 459
- Experience Mid (3 - 5 yrs)Working time Full-timeTasks • Develop and execute new electrical/optical/electro-optical measurement methods for PICs (chip and wafer level) with fiber-based optical setups. • Define, develop, and implement test procedures for high-volume testing of our products to validate relevant specifications in close interaction with the product development team. • Work with the design team to develop new characterization procedures for fast and efficient assessment of key metrics of our technology. • Work in a photonic lab environment with fiber-based system, define and implement new measurement equipment, and automate tests. • Ensure proper documentation of measurement and analysis and generate data and reports tightly integrated into the company’s data infrastructure. • Working in a dynamic team of engineers, researchers, technicians, and operators. • Training of new team members.
- Requirements Electronics, Semiconductors, Silicon photonics, Electronics, OpticsType of contract Contract of employmentContract duration Indefinite period
- Languages English (full professional proficiency) German is a plus.Start of work 01.05.2022Possible locations Zurich (Switzerland)
- Employee benefits Early stage joinBusiness tripsRemote work
- Recruitment process Online recruitment.
At Lumiphase we are on a mission to create the fastest and most energy-efficient communication chip the world has ever seen – to enable our global IT infrastructure to handle this exploding amount of data.
Our novel semiconductor chips are boosted by a unique optical crystal with incredible optical properties. Our chips enable faster networks that consume less energy and will allow everyone to be better connected to each other in the future.
We are a young and dynamic startup, founded in 2020 by experts who have developed a game changing photonic technology in the laboratories of IBM. We have assembled a passionate team dedicated to making our technology real and bringing new generations of communication chips to the market. As a rapidly growing company, we provide an agile environment for working at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and products that will have a strong impact on our society.
We are a deep-tech startup working on advanced materials, novel semiconductor processes and integration schemes, novel photonic and electronic chip designs, new testing schemes, scalability, and much more.
We are on a mission to create something radically new, something which is targeted to impact our global communication networks. Our mission is so ambitious that we need to continuously grow our team with exceptional talents. Join us on this remarkable journey!
We are looking for a full-time photonic test engineer for performing functional tests of our silicon photonic technology and products. In that role, you will develop new experimental test procedures, define measurement and qualification routines for our products, analyze experimental results to extract relevant figures of merit and statistical insights in the performance of our products, and enable efficient data sharing with the rest of the company. Y
Your focus will be on electrical and optical measurements of PICs related to new generations of products while also being involved in test activities related to R&D projects. You will be embedded in the testing team, and will work closely with the product, design, and fabrication teams with versatile and exciting responsibilities, which include:
- Develop and execute new electrical/optical/electro-optical measurement methods for PICs (chip and wafer level) with fiber-based optical setups
- Define, develop, and implement test procedures for high-volume testing of our products to validate relevant specifications in close interaction with the product development team
- Work with the design team to develop new characterization procedures for fast and efficient assessment of key metrics of our technology
- Work in a photonic lab environment with fiber-based system, define and implement new measurement equipment, and automate tests
- Ensure proper documentation of measurement and analysis and generate data and reports tightly integrated into the company’s data infrastructure
- Working in a dynamic team of engineers, researchers, technicians, and operators
- Training of new team members
- Strong experience in testing integrated photonic circuits using fiber-based setups; experiences with testing of RF components (>10 GHz) and polarization maintaining setups are a plus
- Deep understanding of optoelectronics, photonics, and semiconductor devices, in particular silicon photonic technologies
- First experience as a testing engineer or product engineer of photonic integrated circuits is a plus
- Experience with product testing at medium- to high-volumes is a plus.
- Experience with designs of photonic components, and knowledge about semiconductor fabrication processes
- Experience with handling experimental data (e.g. analysis, fitting to models, refine simulations based on experimental data, error analysis)
- Strong programming skills (e.g. python, C#, …), good understanding of object-oriented programming, proficiency in statistical data analysis is a plus
- Experience in interaction with customers on a technical level is a plus
- Creative, motivated, critical-thinking, and hands-on attitude with the drive to tackle hard challenges
- Good organizational skills to plan and operate time-critical processes
- Capable to learn quickly and adequately transfer that knowledge to others
- Strong teamworking, and good verbal and written communication skills
Education and experience
Successful graduation (MSc) or PhD in optical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or a comparable engineering science from a university or an equivalent qualification with additional 2+ years of experience in integrated photonic testing.
We are located in the greater Zurich area.
Job opening ID
2112-TTE (please use this ID to refer to this job opening during future communications).
Why joining us
At Lumiphase, we offer a young, fast-growing, and dynamic working environment with broad options for personal development. We have world class technical people who love to share their skills with any new team members. People from all around the world have joined us, creating an open-minded and diverse team spirit. At Lumiphase, we are all dedicated to creating superior photonic products to solve hard problems in the field of communication as a big team effort.
Be part of our team and our adventure!